My sincere apology for the delay. It has been a torrid time of late. Board meeting in the first week and then the loss of my Uncle on his 82nd birthday.
Again and to re state the sentiments of all the previous writers, yes another fantastic night at the BigBluff house hold. It is always an event I look forward to enjoy. Great food snacks, good wine, good company and laugh to go with the mix.
I know you have all been eager to see what the results are;
Well after 4 rounds , Banker has taken a 3 point lead at 32 points, following 2nd place on the night. The Rok is now holding second place on 29 points following a 3rd on the night. Developer holding 3rd with 28 points 1 point behind, after finishing 1st for the evening and biggest mover of the evening. BigBluff , a further 1 behind on 27 points. Sniper on 25 points, Punter on 22 points.
Overall 10 points separate 1st and 6th place.
Of interest to all, TC Jagger is stilling holding up the rear on 14 points and no chance to claim a position this year??? And will it the first trophy for the Banker.
Thanks for your patience.
See you all soon on the 14th of Oct.
Notes from Sniper
I endorse the thanks to BB and Sonya from other members. How good were the munchies provided by Sonya?? - brilliant! Clearly BB had nothing to do with the catering but he was an excellent host. The Bluffs do a great job of hosting. Thanks Paul and Sonya.
I also note that Jagger brought not only Grandfather port but also an excellent bottle of Saltram No. 1 Barossa Shiraz – nectar; many thanks to Jagger for that.
Most of my memories of the night have already been addressed by others, but I note the following -
· In a strip tease game I was stripped of my entire hand of three sevens at the first exposure of community cards. All I can say is thank goodness it happened early in the game; for it to happen in the last turn-over of cards would have been a heartbreaker.
· I was also “terminated” on an otherwise winning hand (four kings if memory serves me correctly), as was BB with a lower hand. I hate being terminated!
· I seem to remember a game by BB that was so hopeless that it was consigned to the Bermuda Triangle “never to be played again” bin; unfortunately I can’t remember what it was; hopefully someone else can so it can be properly sin-binned.
· In respect of win/lose I was even on the night but came sixth out of nine. Clearly there were more winners than losers so I assume the individual winnings of the five winners were more modest than the losses of the three losers.
On our 40th anniversary - many thanks for your friendship, support and the laughs over the years. Forget the Olympics - this is gold!
Notes from Maverick
Fantastic and Enjoyable night - thanks to BB and especially Sonia for her Arancini Balls , Sausage rolls and korns with cream - and thanks to Tony for the Grandfather port.
Not a bad way to celebrate our 40th Anniversary of BRC - and some of us haev 46 years together .................
My highlight was 4 kings in striptease with a mega pot - and trying to forget through out a natural SFlush early with the stinging words of Developer post hand - "gotta always stay in MAV !!!!!!"
Dragons inconsistency continues - pity its too little too late - but it was a pleasant surprise.
I will send the email soon for the Partners BRC Dinner - assuming it will be 14 Oct or 21 Oct - BB just let me know.
Notes From The Rok
I'D Like to thank BB & Sonya for hosting BRC - LXXIII.
It was ; as always a very enjoyable night.
A special thank you to Sonya for the home made hot treats .
Nikkos brought the " Galatabouriko " - A crowd favourite.
Highlights & Low lights for the night were :
* A relatively even sharing of pots on the night .
* Strip tease style games were the flavour of the night.
* Not many Texas games were played
* Nick stunned everybody by winding back the clock & playing " Straight Manilla - No Wilds ??? "
* The developer kindly dealt me 3 Tens playing George Cross & then opened a 10 with his first card turn up. - Sweeeeeet !
* The most controversial & talked about moment of the night occurred when BB & The Developer agreed to share the pot without disclosing their hands .
Surely this flies in the face of all rules , regulations & ethics which are the cornerstone of the BRC.
OUTRAGIOUS & APPALLING BEHAVIOUR !
* The Mystery of the Punter was finally solved when he admitted to the fact that he consumes 40 pills per day.
We all thought that the noise we heard when he was walking was the Tic Tacs in his pocket .
* The Manly v Dogs game was discussed over coffee & many agreed that the try scored by " that grub " Reynolds was off side as he was blatantly in front of the kicker . Another typical botch by the referees / touch judges & video refs.
This cost Manly the game.
* The Grandfather Port was opened & the new addition to the Caristo & Sancandi clans was toasted.
A speech was made by the very proud Grandfathers. We are all very happy for both families.
A very enjoyable evening
The True Peoples' Champion.