Notes from Sniper This is just a short note re BRC LXVII –
Many thanks to the Jaggers (TC Jagger, Mrs Jagger and canine Jagger) for hosting yet another fine evening with excellent hospitality. The aubergine snacks, meatballs and home-made tiramisu were all sensational (Rose is an absolute gem) and the other goodies were fantastic as well. Jagger opened an aged bottle of grappa at the coffee break which many enjoyed – thanks Jagger.
The absence of “lollies” such as snakes and M&Ms was noted and easily explained by Jagger – we don’t need all that sugar, so many drank red wine (which is obviously devoid of sugar) instead.
Interestingly, Developer decided that some sort of vodka and caffeine based drink was the order of the day. Other points of note included –
· Mav and Professor (unwell) were both sadly missed. We all hope Professor recovers quickly and appreciate the fact that he did not share his ailment with the rest of us.
· Developer was distracted at the beginning by the Dragons v Broncos match, in which Broncos were clearly dominant. Unfortunately for him the result was as expected – a win for the Broncos. Incredibly, Punter told me on the way back to his hotel that he is now supporting the Broncos as his second team – a typical schoolboy approach of choosing whoever happens to be winning the comp.
· The Rok arrived late and grumbled about the associated “fine”, which in the event was insignificant.
· Pocket aces are typically a disaster for the recipient (if you’ve got pocket aces, go out) but on this occasion there were a number of pocket aces wins.
· The Rok became disgruntled with receiving low cards and threw in a hand based on a six which in the event would have won. The steam was coming out of his ears. Members kindly then agreed to take the sixes out of the (short) deck solely to appease The Rok (what a bunch of nice guys) and then in a (stupid) game chosen by TC Jagger involving passing a card to the left, Banker gave The Rok an ace with other aces in the community cards on the table to give Rok a winning hand – incredible charity to The Rok!
· Personal cards were used more than usual – personal turn (in Texas games) and personal wild (typically wild river). Banker favoured use of variations on strip-tease with plenty of “good” cards but quite a number of “bad” cards.
· Importantly, we all enjoyed each other’s company and had a good time, which is what it’s all about.
Thanks to all and best wishes to Mav and Professor who unfortunately were unable to attend.
Notes from The Rok
Many Thanks to Jagger & Rose for hosting BRC LXVII
The meat balls & the stuffed eggplants were delicious . ( I think I ate most of the meat balls ! )
What I can derive from the evening is : To quote the 70's rock band : Iron Maiden
6 - 6 - 6 ..... " The Number of The Beast . "
I vote that we never play with 6's in the deck ever again !!!!
The True Peoples' Champion.