Thank you to the Jagger and Mrs Jagger for hosting BRC XXXIII at the Marsfield Casino on 27th November 09. Great hospitality and venue. Another Great night and as usual there were highlights to report
1. Dinner was at the El Rancho with Professor and apprentice, BigBluff, Developer, Jagger, Rok, and Punter in attendance. Apologies bt GT due to car troubles.
2. Proceedings started after 8.30pm with Damit, Sniper and Banker meeting directly at the Casino.
3. Maverick was stranded at Waterfall attending a function. Several call by mobile to get arrival times were made by BB.
4. Maverick finally turned up at around 10.30pm to much fanfare. Talk of penalising late starters was quickly rebuffed
5. Damit was taking a commanding position winning a number of key and fruitful hands, building his wealth and position and wondering how he could escape with his winnings
6. BB introduced the new "Mexican Sweat Game however it was not met with much enthusiasm and was not repeated
7. The big winner for the evening was Dam it with 8 winning hands ( most of the important hands), and 20 points for the evening pushed him up the ladder from last position to 5th position
8. The Rok second position for the evening, with 7.25 winning hands collecting 18 points for the evening pushing him to 48 points, switching position with maverick to 2nd position, and Runner Up
9. Punter 3rd position for the evening, 6.5 winning hands, collecting 16 points kept him in 4th position, just one point short of a podium finish.
10. Sniper 4th evening position, with 4 winning hands late in the evening was adequate to collect 14 positions and pushed him up the ladder from 8th position to equal 6th
11. The Jagger came in 5th position with 7 winning hands (most of them at the end of the evening and only small pots), collecting 12 points. This was enough to hold the top position and be declared the inaugural BRC Champion for the 2009 competition
12. The Banker 6th position with 2.25 winning hands, collecting 10 points, held onto his 6th position.
13. Big Bluff, could not hold up for the entire night, but did enough to win 3 hands for the evening. If only he kept his eyes open and headache in check!!!. Collected 8 points. In the end dropped 4 positions to 8th overall
14. Maverick, had a very lean night with only 1 winning hand ( I thought you actually won more hands), but enough to collect 6 points and drop from 2nd to 3rd position as declared overall on the night.
15. The developer and The Professor finish equal last for the evening, (2.25 and 1.75 winning hand respectively). Both collecting only 3 points and finishing 9th and 10th position in the competition.
16. By 12.30am there were only 5 players left- Maverick, Punter, Jagger, Rok, Sniper and Damit- all others had fallen by the way side unable to stay awake!!
17. Game finished at 1.30am
Post Game Note from Jagger:
After an audit of the results, 2 discrepancies were found. As a result Jagger re issued the results with the corrections made. The first discrepancy has no bearing. The second discrepancy, is due to the Jagger not recording the final buy in by Maverick ($10), which resulting coming in equal last for the evening and instead of allocating 6 points, he should have been awarded 4 pts, dropping the Maverick from 3rd position to 4th position overall. Developer and Professor end up with additional point for 2009.
We would like to thank Maverick for his grace in accepting the situation and advise that the Jagger will no longer be responsible for BRC financial transactions on the night
Congratulation to the Jagger for his consistency in Jagging