ONLINE BRC #02 RESULTS
Competition Table and Membership Guidelines
1. At the end of each meeting, points are allocated from 10 to 2, starting from first position with 10 points, to last position in descending incremental order, with 2 points.
2. If two or more BRC members end in equal position at the end of the night, points will be shared equally by splitting the points between them.
eg. if position 5,6,7 all end on equal $ value, position 5 (normally allocated 6 points), position 6 (5 points) and position 7 (4 points) are then added to a total of 15 points. This is shared equally resulting in each player allocated 5 points each. Any fraction is rounded to the nearest whole number.
3. If any BRC Member does not attend the meeting then the absent member will be allocated zero points for that meeting. This will result in the last position being allocated a higher number instead of 2 points.
1 member absent last position 3 pts
2 members absent last position 4 pts
4. Last round of the season, (usually late Nov or Early Dec) will be calculated on the same basis as a normal game.
5. A $ 15 Annual Membership Fee will be collected from each playing BRC member at the start of BRC Season each year. These funds will be set aside for BRC trophies and awards with left over funds going towards functions or prizes.
6. At the end of the season, the BRC member with the highest points will be declared the BRC Champion. If at the end of the night at around 1.00am with final deal by the Host, at the last game of the season, 2 or more members end up on equal points at the top of the Competition Table, then a count back will be undertaken based on number of placings during the year. Points for First placings = 3, points for 2nd placings = 2, points for third placings = 1, 4th placing or lower is not counted. Points for the last game of the year are to be included. The player with the higher number of points will be awarded the placing in question and the other player relegated to the lower placing. If there is still a tie after allocation of points for previous games then the first 4 placings will be considered with points reallocated as follows: Points for First placings = 4, points for 2nd placings = 3, points for third placings = 2 and points for 4th placing = 1, 5th placing or lower is not counted. In the unlikely event there is still a tie, the process will continue to 5th position placings being considered with additional points being reallocated as per above principles and the process continues until the placing is finalised. The number of placings to be used for tiebreakers is to be by default the first 3 placings only, so only those tiebreakers that are unresolved after taking into account the top 3 placings need to proceed to take additional placings into account until resolved.
If after all count backs are undertaken as above and there is still a tie then the placing is declared a dead heat of equal placing. If dead heat for first place then this relegates the next place to 3rd place. If 2nd place is dead heat this relegates next place to 4th place with no trophy. If third place is dead heat each player receives a trophy, next place is relegated to 5th position.
If there are 2 equal places for first then count back using points for placings as noted above, the player with higher points is declared the BRC Champion, the other player is declared as the Runner up.
Assuming first place is clear and if there are 2 equal places for 2nd then using the count back points for placings as noted above, the player with higher points is declared the Runner up, the other player is declared in 3rd place.
Assuming both first and/or 2nd placings are clear and if there are 2 equal places for 3rd then using the count back points for placings as noted above, the player with higher points is declared in 3rd place, the other player is declared in 4th position.
If equal first or second players are relegated to a lower placing then these players will be allocated higher standing to any top 3 equal placing that may have been achieved prior to resolving any equal placings.
Winners - 1st BRC Champion
(The Walter Trophy + First Place Trophy)
- 2nd Runner Up (The Giovanni "Dam It!!" De Cataldo Trophy)
- 3rd Third Place (Trophy)
7. Annual Awards presentation of trophies, resulting from the year before's competition, will occur during one of the early BRC meetings once trophies are available.