All, final update for 2018.
Firstly I would like to thank Big Bluff for hosting and arriving in time for the occasion from Adelaide as well as the great spread prepared by Mrs Big Bluff. Love those the mini prawn bread rolls and all the other goodies. I did notice that Developer stuffed himself with the musk sticks. Banker generously bottled all his sweetness in those Jam jars for all to enjoy, mixed in with a spice of bee legs.
With the final round now complete, TC Jagger was declared the winner for the game and Champion for 2018. A long wait between drinks, 10 years from the last Championship win. We now have 3 Champions that have won 2 championships, Big Bluff , Sniper and now TC Jagger joining the ranks.
The results of night was very interesting. The normal story goes if you win the first card game of the night you will not win the night. The myth has been broken. TC Jagger won the first hand of the night with 5 Aces ( if I recall correctly) and incidentally won the last hand of the night with 5 Aces over Big Bluff 5 Jacks . The truth of the matter is that the championship had already been decided before the last hand. Even if Big Bluff had won the last hand with 15,000 chips and won the night, resulting in equal points for the year, TC Jagger would have been declared the champion on a count back.
BB prediction for TC Jagger to finish 7th failed to come to true.
Overall, a very entertaining night.
Results as follows ( as attached)
- TC Jagger wins the night and collected 10 points to move to 46 Points.
- BB , with second placing in the night collected 9 points to move to 44 Points
- Developer with 3rd placing collected 8 points to move to 43 points.
- Banker with 4th placing collected 7 points to move to 36 points just behind The Rok for 5th place
- The Sniper with 5th placing collected 6 points to move to 30 points with equal 7th place overall
- The Rok with 6th placing collected 5 points just enough to move to 36.6 points to take 4th place.
- Maverick with 7th place collected 4 points to move to 30 points to equal 7th place with the Sniper.
- The Professor with 8th placed collected 3 points to move to 31.5 points to 6th place.
As a side issue we have now 10 years of stats, to win a Championship you need to win at least 1 game and average 7.5 points for the year and over 6 game year a total of 45 points would be safe. Over ten years TC Jagger has amassed 424.5 points ie an average of 42.5 points /year. The next best is BB with a total of 385 points, a delta of almost 40 points.
With Year now ended, we can look forward to the start of 2019 and in the meantime a Merry Christmas and a safe and happy New year.
Champion 2009 and 2018.