Dear BRC members
What an interesting finish to the 2019 Year.
Firstly I would like to thank the host, BB and Mrs BB for providing the lovely foods, with the usual addition from Maverick. Very much appreciated. Always good to travel the long distances to the far south for a good feed. No KK for this year. Need to vote to bring it back next year.
The game started on time with 6 players with Maverick joining quickly and the Rok joining much later.
At the end of proceedings, Sniper won the evening events for the 4th time for 2019. A new record. The previous best is 2 in any 1 calendar year. BB can only claim 2 wins in 1 year, but his current record is 3 consecutive wins over 2 championships years. Sniper can equal this record if he wins the Feb 2020 game 1 next year.
Interestingly Banker took a very haphazard and carefree approach, which I believe influenced the remaining pole positions. Banker was in the running coming into the game for 2nd place. He ending at the rear of game for the event which pushed him out of contention which probably was his intension!.
Results are as follows:
- Sniper in First place collects 10 points to 55 points. Equal highest points for any given year with 1 less meeting. Well done to Sniper and congrats. officially declared the 2019 Champion.
- BB 2nd for the evening collects 9 points finishes on 24 points, in 8th position overall.
- Maverick a respectable 3rd position for the evening, collects 8 points for the event and moves to 38 points and 5th overall.
- Professor finishes 4th collects 7 points and moves to 41 points 2nd overall. ( more later)
- Developer finished 5th collecting 6 points for the evening moves to 32 points, a respectable 5th position overall.
- TC Jagger 6th for the night , collects 5 points, and moves to equal 2nd position on 41 points with Professor.
- At the rear Banker 7th points, which looks like did not have a great evening still managed to collect 4 points to move to a total of 40 points, holding 4th position. Just behind the equal 2nd place holders by 1 point.
- Rok , coming in late into the game , collects 8th position and collects 3 points, overall 25 points and finishes 7th overall.
So at the end of 6 games , for the first time we have 2 players finishing on equal second on 41 points. TC Jagger and the Professor. As per the constitution the count back rules applies. After reviewing the positioning of each of the 6 games both players finished equal on all positions. Result is an absolute deadhead. As the constitution does not cater for another count back, both players after consulting a fellow player ( non place getter) it was fair to declare both players 2nd place. A new record.
You were right, absolutely dead heat, unbelievable!!
The rules did not anticipate this. I think only fair thing is to declare equal 2nd place with no third place.
I think we just keep the same rules and add that for any dead heat after multiple count back are Declared equal place.”
Signing off for 2019 and I wish everyone and their respective families a merry Christmas and a happy and prosperous 2020.
See you soon.
Again Congrats to Sniper, now has collected 3 first place trophies. Retirement is serving him well.
NOTES FROM SNIPER
As advised by Tony, TC Jagger and Professor were either a "dead heat" for second place or a couple of "dead beats" (I'm not sure which from Jagger's commentary). Those who attended BRC XCIII (93) would be aware that Banker was vehemently opposed to coming second place and actively (and successfully) tried to lose to prevent this from happening.
In view of the second place tie situation, I propose that Banker be declared "third place" (he was just 1 point behind Jagger and Da Prof) - surely that is even worse than second place and will give him the sh*ts.
For your consideration.