Thanks to the Rok and Mrs Rok for the great vennue and hospitality as well as Little Rok for taking photos of the night. As usual the night was enjoyable with several highlights as follows:
1. The Rok had prepared a hand made poker table with green felt surrounded by white trim with a white perimeter of timber. The Rok was praised for his efforts and enginuity particularly in bunding the table in case TC Jagger were to create a wine spill(again!!). Future use of the table top for other venues is currently under investigation by the Rok.
2. All members were in attendance except for Maverick due to the Friday night Sydney time venue timing. All expressed disappointment at Maverick not being there, but the game carried on. GT was last in at around 9pm.
3. Meeting started earlier than usual due to the earlier finish time of 1am. Blow by blow score updates were stressing Seagull supporters who were finally disappointed with the win by Souths over Manly by 2 points!! Broncos also triamphed over the Cowboys.
4. Banker came in and made himself at home, kicking off his shoes and socks and letting the air flow freely.
5. Developer was looking like he was finished before he even started due to "working" very hard in to the night on Thursday night in Canberra on his newly opened shopping centre in Canberra.
6. Developer was out for the count around 10pm and decided best to grab some shut eye to recharge the batteries. Refer photos in Gallery. He did however reappear before the 11pm coffee break truely refreshed
7. Games were the usual combinations of maddness including the Professor's memory challenging blind fat snake texas.
8. The Punter's fortune was dwindling fast with 2 attempts to capitiliase on his pocket Aces coming unstuck on both occassions. The second by The Professor with 5 Kings edging out the Punter's 5 Kings on a genuine card countback. All attempts to advise Punter to throw out future pocket Aces was met with stern looks from the Punter as well as some colourful expelitives.
9. The Banker was in fine and vocal form and was very distruptive to the pace of the game. The lolly bowel was subsequently relocated away from the Banker in a vain attempt to quell the verbal onslaught.
10. Fortunes waned and waxed for all members with the Punter pulling together a winning streak of 3 to replenish lost funds.
11. The Punter was providing intermittent advice on the value of Silver bullion and precious metal and stocks. Punter's prediction is for Silver to be $50 within a few months with $500!! long term. Several members could be seen taking notes!!
12. Little Rok was enthusiastically taking photos during the early part of the night along with presentation of her invoice!
13. Coffee and cakes break was on schedule at 11pm with great selection of cakes and ports to choose from. The Rok broukght out his Ginger liqueour which was a hit. The Developer and GT had a discussion on the size and population of Vancouver for reasons still not understood.
14. The business end of the night saw wins being shared around.
15. The Developer and GT discussed the technical aspects of down light transformers during the "burn out" of a light above GT leaving him in the dark until near the end when the light came back on.
16. Total funds invested reached to $290 however fortunes balanced out with The Punter coming out in front by $15 after being down $50 to win first place.
17. Some very interesting situations with 2 People now on equal first on 16 points , 2 people on equal 3rd on 14 points and 3 people on equal 5th on 11 points. Only 5 points separate 7 members.
18. The Banker just retaining is 1st position. The biggest mover was Punter from Last to equal 5th, Sniper from 5th to equal 3rd, Professor from 7th to equal 5th, and of course TC Jagger from 3rd to equal 1st.
19. Last place went to Dam It!!
20. Meeting finished with the Host at around 1.10am. All members were still present at close of proceedings. All agreed it was again a good night.