1. Pre Game Dinner was at Big John's Pizza at Kingsgrove. Dinner was attended by Dam It!!, GT, Jagger, Developer, Punter, The Rok and BigBluff. Big meals were the order with Punter cleaning up the huge spagetti marinara, leaving no scraps!
2. All finished in time to be at Dam Its!! by thge scheduled start. Sniper, Banker, GT and of course Maverick via MSN Messenger was there on the lap top.
3. The games were the usual assortment, with BB coming up with the mind numbing "open book" Texas with strip cards allowing personal wild cards and choice of any table cards with cards in hand for best poker hand!! Too complex for some members!!
4. The Professor's" Fat Snake" Texas made a couple of appearances
5. Controversery was created when it was noted around 10.30pm that some members had incorrectly doubled the ante for their turns before the Constitution ruled post 11pm break. While both Jagger and BB played correctly and put in the correct antees this met with disapproval and snide comments from The Rok and Developer when it was noticed that they had been playing incorrect blinds. Calls of "Ante-Gate" were quickly ignored by Jagger and BB and the game proceeded with mumblings being heard.
6. BB had built up a stash early but was not able to sustain the early wins as the night wore on.
7. Some close games and larger pots occured after the 11pm coffee break. Coffee and cakes were a welcome treat
8. Tension was building as the pre agreed final game at 1.30am approached.
9. Professor has given up around 12pm followed by Sniper who called it an early night as he had to go singing in the morning
10. Banker decided it was too much for him and decided to leave early as well but was in fact $32 ahead. This created some difficulty in assessing positions however it was agreed that Banker would be relegated to the top of the bunch that had left, not withstanding his top earning for the evening.
11. The Developer was coming back strongly at the end managing to get 5 Kings over BB's 5 Queens. Developer clawed back around $40,000 in chips in the last few hands.
12. Game was promptly shut down at approx 1.32am with anxious counting then beginning.
13. Not counting the Banker's early exit pot, The Jagger came in first place for BRC XXXVIII, followed by Dam It!! then Maverick and in 4th placed BigBluff. All others lost with the Professor coming in LAST PLace
14. Counting saw BB finishing $100 in chips( 10c in real money) ahead of Developer thus inching him into 4th place giving BB 14 points for the night and enought to provide a final 2 point lead for the 2010 Season. What a Champion!!
15. BB was thus declared 2010 BRC Champion
16. Photos were taken with those still left at the game, including Maverick on the Laptop. Some mumblings from the gallery were heard on 'ante-gate" but were ignored.
17. Meeting ended at 1.50am
18 HAIL THE 2010 BRC CHAMPION!!! - BB