It was as usual a good night with a number of highlights:
1. Dinner was offered by Maverick however on the night Maverick noted he had only received a reply from BigBluff who had arrive after The Professor. BigBluff advised Maverick that most members had confirmed. It was thought that emails may have gone to Maverick's Canada base however BB has investigated and discovered that his confirmation email a week earlier was infact addressed to all except the Maverick so that subsequent replies to the email were not infact copied to the Maverick. Apologies to the Maverick from BB are extended. The Pizza feast and antipasto and nibblies were great and were eventually enjoyed by all members and Maverick's family.
2. Apologies were noted by Sniper( Nepal), Dam It!!( USA) and GT(China).
3. The Rok arrived followed by Developer, Jagger and Punter. Awards and prize money were given, with laminated printed certificates for the 2010 BRC NRL Tipping Comp. The Punter jagged the Jagger and came first with both the Jagger and Developer sharing 2nd place. The Punter picked the Candiman-fc( son of BB) as the consolation prize winner out of a hat. The Dragons supporters present immediately broke out int the Dragons song to celebtate the great Grand Final win after 31 years!!!. All other members congratulated the Dragons faithfull. BB, Maverick and Developer wore the Dragons Colours.
4. The Banker, who had to advised who Maverick actually was, arrived as the game was about to start.
5. With 8 players the games began. The focus of the night appeared to be the Texas with various combinations of strip and wild cards. The Professor's "Fat Snake" was an early hit.
6. BB introduced the "open book Texas" wild with strip cards allowing the best hand out cards in hand and all cards on the deck with wild in hand. Most members were left gasping in the wake of such a great game others dropped out considering the game too complex??? Both the Developer and BB broke out in the Dragons song at all wins by Dragons supporters present.
7. The Rok, suffering badly with "no bloody good card" or " just give me a pair for once" syndrome, caused a rukkus mid way through the evening with his choice of game being Strip Tease. A true sign of desperation on the Rok's part!!
8. However the following members, Banker and Developer then started a Strip Tease stampede with more cards being laid on the table as "good and bad" cards. Members were gasping for air at this stage but it did inject some excitement into the game play.
9. BB was building up momentum by the break at 11pm.
10. Some great deserts were offered along with coffee
11. Game recommenced around 11.20pm with the "business end of the night" beginning in earnest.
12. BB was becoming unstoppable with his skill and finesse coming to the fore, much to the members' frustration.
13. Maverick was starting to feel the pressure with some close cut losses. The open book Texas game saw Maverick's hole card pair of jacks just beaten by the hole card pair of queens held by BB who scooped up another great pot.
14. The Professor left after midnight followed by the Rok, who had given up getting any sort of hand. Dragons supporters were still singing on any wins scored by fellow Dragon members much to the annoyance by that stage of other members.
14. Last round saw some great pots with both the Jagger and Maverick scoring great pots to bring them back from the brink.
15. Final Placings. First - BigBluff, Second - Banker, Third - Jagger, all others finished in the red with LAST PLACE going the The Rok. What a fall from grace!!!!
16. Meeting finished just before 2am.
17. Next Meeting at Dam Its!! Deep Water Bunker on date to be advised.