Another Great Night at the The Maverick's Hangar
Dinner was hosted by the Maverick at the Hangar. The Professor attended early while BigBluff was late due to picking up a stranded Punter at nearby rail station.
Pizza and savories prepared by the Maverick and flight crew were enjoyed at the beginning of the night.
Results of the night left the situation with the first 2 positions remaining unchanged- Unfortunately!!
The big movers were Big Bluff and The Rok, who moved from 9th and 7th position to 4th and 3rd positions respectively.
Jagger continues to "RULE"(his words) with max points. After 1st and 2nd position a gap of 9 points remains to 3rd. , with the balance of the bunch all cramped up from 21 points to 16 points to last position.
Apologies from GT and Dam- IT
The Banker was "missing in action" and had not been heard of???
Talk of ASIO involvement was quickly silenced in case it was true!!
As usual there was some highlights:
1. The Jagger looked splendid in his hat (see photos), looking like "an olive oil salesman" according to the Rok. The Sniper looked nothing like a Sniper with his straw hat and looked more like "Luigi" according to BigBluff. The Developer went for "country developer" look. BigBluff looked the part in his coat, hat and glasses.
2. The Jagger caused a roaring chorus of laughter when he attempted to scoop up the pot using a hand requiring using the entire set of cards in the Rok's Bar-bell game. The game has now been renamed the "Dumb- Bell" in the Jagger's honour!!
3. The Jagger again drew blood(wine) over the table
4. The Punter caused a sensation half way through the night when the Developer made a very timely comment at the end of a game, scaring off the Rok with his full house and allowing the Punter to win with 3 Aces!!
5. The Punter appeared to have been "smoking weed" with several fits of uncontrolled laughter during the night, much to the 'amusement" of Maverick - NOT
6. Maverick was not impressed when the Jagger had not put away a "reserve" wild card which had been stripped destrying Mavericks hand, after having done so in previous games
7. The Professor cause a stir when he introduced for the first time - 'SURVIVOR' strip cards with progressive strip cards. This then initiated BigBluff to play - Survivor Texas
8. Additional BRC quote was added by The Developer to The Jagger - " Are you playing conservative Jagger ??"
9. The Maverick prepared some great deserts and refreshment at 11pm
10. Fortunes moved around the table- Final Game stats as follows:
Big Bluff 9 hands plus 2 shared hands
Punter 8 Hands plus 4 shared hands
Sniper 1 hands plus 1 shared hands
Jagger 11 hands plus 1 shared hands
Professor 1 shared hand
Developer 5 hands
Rok 7 hands plus 2 shared hands
Maverick 5 hands plus 2 shared hands
11. The Professor bailed around midnight with significant losses recorded. Game carried on past the 1.30am official end with Maverick suggesting 2am. Final round led game to finish around 2.15am.
12. Chip leader at end of the night was The Jagger who swooped past BigBluff, who had bunkered down to secure position in first place, in the final hand to score a tight win, much to the frustration of BigBluff, who finished in 2nd place.
12. Biggest Loser - The Professor
Another Great Night at the The Maverick's Hangar
7/26/2009 10:24:14 am
Many Thanks Maverick & Family for hosting another .. very amusing night.
7/26/2009 12:23:05 pm
Thanks to all who attended BRC XXXI , it was a great night. Got off to a slow start with only Professor arriving just before 7-30pm but we got everyone there by about 8-45pm. Some of my highlights:
7/27/2009 09:15:35 pm
Dear BRC members
7/27/2009 10:53:20 pm
Sorry, correction to the last line in my last blog. A rouge editor was over zealous in his editing, and should have stated " Just like the Sea Eagles, luck deserted for a while but coming home with a vengence to win at the last hurdle and raise the Grand final trophy in the arms. See you all in the Grand Final"
8/20/2009 11:37:58 am
Gents thought you may be interested.
8/21/2009 04:34:17 pm
8/22/2009 11:57:50 am
Administrator , I feel you are correct in this. The Jagger has brought the "Game to Shame " with his flagrant self promotion. Maybe a trip to the BRC disciplinary committee may be in order for such a breech in etiquette.
8/22/2009 02:00:01 pm
What, you can't HANDLE THE TRUTH!!!!!
8/23/2009 07:32:54 am
8/24/2009 05:11:44 pm
Not only have you flagerantly violated copywrite laws but you have even stole a line from one of my movies ..........
8/27/2009 06:47:25 pm
8/28/2009 01:13:19 pm
Thanks Jagger, I will use all resources to defeat those infront of me.
8/29/2009 09:57:10 pm
Saints played poorly against Souths this weekend, but we all know this is all a Benny tactic to throw media and other clubs off the scent! I'm sure they will fire up against Parramatta when we play them at Kogarah this weekend. The BRC faithful that have season tickets will be there!
9/12/2009 11:09:56 am
All BRC members.
9/12/2009 11:49:57 pm
I am sure all BRC members would not sacrifice there positions to allow BigBluff to win the position of true champion and ruin their own chances. I am sure even Maverick will fight to win as true champion.
9/13/2009 10:19:08 am
Should be a very interesting BRC XXX11.
9/16/2009 09:01:01 pm
DOESN'T MATTER HOW YOU PLAY, YOU BEST WEAPON IS PATIENCE.
9/18/2009 08:12:43 am
Jagger, is that the "Encyclopedia of Poker" you are quoting from or
9/24/2009 12:26:40 am
The time has come, for the Jagger to rise above all and show who is the real king. The Jagger is back with guns blazing and with some patience to pounce at the right time. Will you be holding the right hand, or just another dud hand! Remeber if you dont have 4 of a kind throw out. As the Jagger will have the better hand.
Leave a Reply.