Great night, Special thanks go to the hosts, Mrs and Mr Rok!!, and little Rok for photos, well catered snags (several different types) and salads were on offer for those who arrived early. More GOOD wine was enjoyed and none was spilled for the 3rd time in a row. No stray bullets were seen and every one missed the target as the Sniper continues to be very consistent in 2012.
The night belonged to The Banker reversing the recent form by coming in top for the night. It was very strange to see the Sniper winning the first hand of the night with 5 Aces and then follow up with the last hand of the night with 5 Kings. The usual rule winning of first hand does poorly during the night!!!! Is it going to be Snipers Year??
ome minor changes to the competition ladder. The biggest mover was Banker, the winner of the night moved from 9th to 6rd. the first 3 positions are all separated by a total of 5 points starting from 33 points to 28 points.
The best hand of the night was of the 5 Kings held by Maverick, when in reality he only had 4 Wild cards!!!! Should have raised him.
The winners circle for the evening were Banker, TC Jagger, followed by the consistent Sniper again. The last position was proudly taken up by Big Bluff. Interesting the most consistent player has been The Developer who has
continued maintained 8th position for all 4 meetings for 2012. Very consistent. Can he achieve a new record with all 6 games for 2012?
BB will provide the minutes on the web site as usual. I look forward to the final 2 rounds.
After 4 rounds; Sniper continues to hold first position on 33 points, second The Rok 3 points behind, 3rd position held by TC Jagger a further 2 points behind and 4th position held by Big Bluff a further 5 points.
21 points separate 1st position and 10th position.
Only 20 points max remain to be won. Note as a remind no double points in the final round. My money is on Sniper to win 2012 BRC competition. Will the target remain on the Sniper or will he crash and burn in the final 2 rounds.
For GT records:
Winners post GT departure were as follows Developer 1.5 hands, TC Jagger 1.5 Hands, Rok 4 hands, BB 1 hand, Dam it 1 hand, Professor Nil, Banker 3.5 hands, Sniper 3 hands, Maverick 1.5 hands
Special Note to Punter, who was sorely missed by the members, who could not make it due the the sad passing of his Mum during the week. Jagger read email from Punter to the members and the thoughts of the members were with Punter and his family.
Notes from Sniper:
Many thanks to the Roks for excellent hosting of another most enjoyable evening. I think it’s fair to say that on the night the Roks were the people’s champions. There was an incredible array of delectables on offer ranging from Cosco Korean Jerky to “Poppycock” gourmet popcorn.
We all missed the presence of Punter and our thoughts were, and still are, with him and his family.
I very much enjoyed the signage prepared by the Rok to add a bit of spice. I was quite happy to sit in the nominated “target” seat and to wear the target provided. I note that Developer made use of his signposted dozing spot for a short while later in the evening.
The noise level went up to maximum within nanoseconds of commencement. There was a noisy bunch of school kids on the train this morning - they are going to have to do a lot better than that to compete with the BRC for decibels!
I think in his message Jagger has understated my winning last hand – it was actually seven kings!
Is that a record? Hopefully Developer will now quieten down about his long-standing five kings issue – in
the current context it is insignificant.
Congratulations to the Banker on his run-away win – the Rok’s special playing table was tilting towards Banker all evening.
As members are aware, I will be travelling for most of October so the next meeting will be held during November.
9 and 16 November are both good for me. On 2 November I am attending a Brandenburg Orchestra concert in the City but could come late to a BRC meeting afterwards (ETA 9.45pm) if that is the only date that suits all.
Thanks to all for another great night.
1. The temperature drop at the Temple of Doom BBQ was a sign of things to come during the evening
2. Maverick came late around 9pm but was ready for action and could not understand how the Professor could simply bet in hope of getting better cards- If only looks could Kill !!!
3. Banker was back in fine form at last and helped the betting to capped status in a number of hands and securing them as well
4. The signs for the Sniper to take care were all over the place(including the front door, back of chair and on the table)- Sniper quickly set the scene by winning first hand with 5 "bullets"- No Fear!!
5. The Developer also refused to lie down( literally, lounge chair was ready in waiting) and in fact was fired up to keep the members in check with regard to antes. The Term "Ante Nazi" was used several times
6. Fortunes seemed to favoure, Banker and Professor initially but then seemed to spread around during the rest of the night
7. Maverick created a spill of water on to the playing area, fortunately it was only radiator water.
8. Jagger received some started looks from the members with two new phrases which went something like "sh... bo..."" and "sh.... d...." that cannot be repeated here but the members will not forget in a hurry, in particular the Developer!!!
9. The validity of The Rok's tag-line- "People's Champion" was again questioned by the members. It was resolved that Sniper will keep an eye out for any suitable "peoples" during his trip to Africa.