Fellow BRC members,
Great night, Special thanks go to the host, Mrs and Mr Big Bluff!!, well catered great Pizzas and beautiful baked sweets. More GOOD wine was enjoyed and none was spilled for the second time in a row, however 2 smaller spirit spills occured late in proceedings. For the third time in a row all members were present. The food must be good, or everyone is enjoying themselves with all the banter and the jibes during the evening. Or it must have been everyone wanting to see the pain in Jagger’s and Punters eyes re the Manly loss to the Bulldogs.
The updated competition table makes very interesting reading. Some minor changes to the competition ladder. The biggest mover was Big Bluff the winner of the night moved from 5th to 3rd. the first 5 positions are all separated by 2 points starting from 25 points to 17 points.
The silent assassin, Sniper, with his pocket ACES, was able win well with 5 Aces, when the rule is to fold pocket ACES
The winners circle for the evening were Big Bluff, the Rok, followed by the consistent Sniper. The last position was proudly taken up by The Banker. Interesting the most consistent player has been The Developer who has
maintained 8th position for all 3 meetings for 2012. Very consistent.
After 3 rounds;Sniper continues to hold first position on 25 points, second The Rok 2 points behind, 3rd position held by BigBluff a further 2 points behind and 4th position held by TC Jagger a further 2 points. 16 points separate 1st position and 10th position. Plenty more points still to be won. TC Jagger's money is on Sniper to win 2012 BRC
Notes from Stats man - GT
Thanks to Paul and Sonya for once again be such generous hosts, that made for a very
enjoy night. Attached are the Stats for the night. Two things that stick out were;
1) The unusually high percentage of hands won with 4 of A Kind ( 51% - highest ever winning hand % in a night.)
2) The adoption by Punter of typical Big Bluff betting strategy that contributed to Punter’s recovery in the last hour with 2 big wins and 2 shared wins. Can this be sustained?
Other highlights included:
1. Seeing TC Jagger and Punter on the edge of their seats near the end of the Manlyvs Bulldogs game, showing no mercy was of course Developer and the rest of members. The members were distracted by the 2nd half play on the TV. Developer showed off his brand new BMW M1
2. The Professor introduced the "Scorpion" which had quite a sting to it once the Professor actually worked out the rules
3. Dam It!! tried to confuse the members further by intoducing a "dependent rule" beteween a strip and wild card were dependent on what value the wild card was( Royal or 10-under)- this was howled down by the members and Dam It!! was left shaking his head as to how simple the members must be not to understand this new variation ;)
4. The Banker introduced the 2 card community card game which left the members wondering where the rest of the cards were??
5. BB introduced " The Terminator " card which if found in the hand once turned over after all bets and cards shown eliminated the member from the game. This was Maverick's favourite Game - NOT!!!
6. Dam It!! caused some controversy with the Terminator game by not stripping his Queen card when both Maverick and Developer were terminated.
7. The 2011 BRC Awards were handed out to BB(2011 Champion)/TC Jagger(2nd)/Professor(3rd).
8. A toast was offered to Developer's Father, Francesco Arena, as a sign of respect for his recent passing. Limencello, JW Green, Sambucca all went down well including some spillages.
9. Game finished at 1am
10. Catch up game will be held in late August to be confirmed.